I can't remember the last time I blogged. Actually, I've just looked back and it seems it was many months ago, and it was all about stuff that was annoying me. So, instead, today I will share some things that are making me happy:
1. As of 5pm this afternoon, I'm off work on hols til a week on Monday! Yahoo! It's been a very long time since I've felt so in need of a holiday. March has been insanely busy at work, with loads of different things going on - and I've been working a lot of nights. So roll on 5pm! I'm off down to Bristol to visit my cousin on Saturday, then we're off for a girlie holiday to Centreparcs at Longleat - which, I'm reliably informed, is great when it's outwith school holidays and weekend (nae weans) - which it will be! I intend to swin, steam, sauna-it-up and, hopefully, enjoy a bit of nice weather, if we're lucky?
2. Since the last time we spoke (?) I have taken up running. Stop laughing. No, STOP laughing. This is the truth. I did a beginners' running course back in October (starts with running 30 second spurts, and builds up to 20 mins non stop after 8 weeks) and I now manage 30 minutes 3 times a week. And, weirdly, I quite enjoy it. So I'm off for a run in the sunshine after work today - although not looking forwward to braving that cold wind.
3. I am an auntie! My sister's baby, Isla, was born back in January. Being an aunt is pretty cool. You get to do all the cuddling and fun stuff, but hand her back when she cries / poos / wees - and you can also just leave when you get bored
4. I have discovered a few more good eateries. Firstly, on the recommendation of Graham, I went to Sarti's in Glasgow a few weeks back and it was one of the nicest Italian meals I've had in a long time. Mother India Cafe, here in Edinburgh, is a very welcome addition - I've raved and raved about the original MI in Glasgow - this is the Edinburgh branch, and it's bloomin' excellent. Another Glasgow one: Grill on the Corner (amazing meat dishes). The Roseleaf in Leith - fab Sunday brunch option. And, this evening, I'm meeting the girls for dinner at the Tailend Fish Bar, on Leith Walk, which I haven't tried before, but which is apparently excellent. It is run by the original owner of the famous Anstuther Fish Bar - arguably the best chippie in Scotland - so I'm expecting good things!
5. I have read some awesome books in the last couple of months. One of the best was Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. Amazing book all about psuedo science. He has an excellent website: http://www.badscience.net/ Other great books I've read lately include The Gargoyle and The Raw Shark Texts.
6. The Apprentice has started again - yay!
7. I have joined a very successful pub quiz team - with Andrew and Laura - and we often blow the competition at The Abbey on a Thursday night out of the water.
8. I have a gorgeous new green coat
9. I am much happier with Filemaker Pro these days. We have come to an understanding - we don't like each other, but we'll do our best to get along, for the greater good...
10. I'm on holiday til a week on Monday - have I mentioned that already?
Wow - how weird. A whole blog posting without one moan...